Child/Adolescent Depression and Anxiety in Primary Care Settings (requires an aah.org email address to view)
Overview: MEDtalks is a monthly live streaming webinar series where we feature clinicians from across Advocate Aurora Health who share perspectives on the latest clinical practice, changing studies and provide local relevance for healthcare professionals. Learn how to better screen children and adolescents in the primary care setting and how to initiate treatment/referrals for depression and anxiety. Perceived barriers to this process will be addressed.
Topic: Initial Assessment & Treatment for Depression & Anxiety in Primary Care Settings (Pediatrics)
Speaker: Laura Yahr Nelson, MD
Behavorial Health Representative, Medical Group Governing Council
Medical Director - Children & Adolescent Services
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital
Diana Bottari, DO
Medical Director of Controlled Substance Monitoring Team
Lead Physician Opioid Mitigation Strategies
At the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Provide a framework for initial assessment for depression and anxiety in the primary care setting for children and adolescents.
- Review basics of initial medication treatments along with indications for referral to either specialty treatment or higher levels of care.
- Provide education related to perceived barriers to initiating treatment for children and adolescents.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit