Recording (non-CE credit): Feb 1, 2023 Timely Topics on Care of Older & Aging Adults webinar: Ethics of end-of-life care in Muslim patients (not eligible for CE credit and requires an aah.org email address to view)
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 1, 2023: noon-1pm
Topic: Ethics of end-of-life care in Muslim patients
Speaker: Asma Fazal, MD, MRCPI, MHSc, HEC-C – Clinical Ethicist - Advocate Aurora Health
Co-Moderators: Kimberly Battle-Miller, MD – System Medical Director, Hospice and Palliative Care, Reverend Karam Azab, and Thomas Triantafillou, MD, MBA, MPH – Geriatric Physician, Internal Medicine, Advocate Christ Medical Center
Target Audience: Physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, chaplains, and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives: Upon completion of the activity the learner should be able to:
- Describe the concept of Islamic bioethics
- Explore how Islamic bioethics is similar to Western bioethics
- Discuss the position of Islamic bioethics on important end of life issues
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.