Recording (non-CE credit): March 1, 2023 Timely Topics on Care of Older & Aging Adults webinar: Skills to help you care for aging patients and improve your life now: Narrative Medicine, breathing, and mental makeovers (not eligible for CE credit and requires an aah.org email address to view)
Date: Wednesday, March 1, noon-1pm
Topic: Skills to help you care for aging patients and improve your life now: Narrative Medicine, breathing, and mental makeovers
- David Thoele, MD - Pediatric Cardiologist at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Founder and Co-Director of AAH Narrative Medicine program
- Matthew Holmes - Grief Support Specialist - Bereavement
- Barb Loeb, MD, Internist, Past Medical Staff President; Honorary Medical Staff member
Moderator: Tom Triantafillou, MD, MBA, MPH - Geriatric Physician, Internal Medicine, Advocate Christ Medical Center
Objectives: Upon completion of the activity the learner should be able to:
- Assess the narrative medicine (NM) process and how NM techniques can enhance the care of geriatric patients.
- Practice a breathing exercise that can be used with patients in clinical practice.
- Distinguish benefits related to the therapeutic use of expressive writing.
- Practice a short writing exercise, the 3-Minute Mental Makeover (3MMM), that can be used with patients and family members experiencing stress.
- Distinguish the uniqueness of the NM program at AAH and access available NM resources (website, YouTube channel).
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.