19th Advocate Aurora Trauma Symposium: Livin' the Dream
Trauma clinicians will be able to update their skills and knowledge of current evidence-based practices related to a variety of commonly occurring emergency conditions and responses.
This conference is being held in-person at the DoubleTree Hilton, Oakbrook IL.
This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, and other health professionals.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Describe a systematic approach to assessment and management of the trauma and acute care patients.
- Formulate an action plan based on scientific rationale, evidence-based standards of care, and practice management guidelines for trauma and acute care patients.
- Describe management of the pre and post-acute care surgical patients.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
7:50am – 8:00am
Speaker: William Watson MD - Trauma Director - Advocate Condell Medical Center
8:00am – 8:50am
Speaker: MaryBeth Voights APRN – Trauma Program Director - Carle Foundation Hospital
Topic: Trauma During Pregnancy: Caring for Two
8:50am - 9:40am
Speakers: Anna Capulong PharmD, BCPS - ED Pharmacist - Advocate Condell Medical Center
Patricia Cantieri, PharmD, BCPS – ED Pharmacist -Advocate Good Shepard
Topic: Be Kind, Rewind: Blockbuster Strategies for Anticoagulation Reversal in the Trauma Patient
9:40am – 10:00am Break
10:00am – 10:50am
Speaker: Michael Gibbs MD - Atrium Health
Topic: ED Trauma Resuscitation
10:50am – 11:40pm
Speaker: Victoria Schlanser MD, Cook County Health Care
Topic: Management of Crush Injuries
11:40am – 12:30pm Lunch, Visit Vendors
12:30pm – 1:20pm
Speaker: Johnny Macias Tejada, MD – Aurora Health Care
Topic: Integrating Acute Care for Elders Model of Care into the Care of Geriatric Trauma Patients
1:20pm – 2:10pm
Speaker: James C. Doherty MD - Trauma Director - Advocate Christ Medical Center
Topic: Trauma Nightmares
2:10pm- 2:40pm Break
Speaker: Jean Barrett Blake RN, BSN, MJ, Independent Healthcare Consultant
Topic: Burnout in Trauma: Are We Blind?
Speaker: Michelle Lambright BSN, RN, C-NPT – University of Chicago UCAN Flight Nurse
Topic: "A Day in the Life as a UCAN Flight Nurse"
4:20pm – 4:30pm - Closing Comments, Raffle Baskets
Speaker: William Watson MD
Sharon Esterquest RN, BSN, CEN; Advocate Aurora Health
Delilah Mendez RN, BSN, MPH; Advocate Aurora Health
Shawna Beshoar RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Belinda Hardy RN; Advocate Aurora Health
Regina Rogoz RN; Advocate Aurora Health
James C. Doherty MD, MPH, FACS; Advocate Aurora Health
William C. Watson MD, FACS; Advocate Aurora Health
Michelle Dace RN, BSN, CCRN-K, TNS; Advocate Aurora Health
Lisa Heinz RN, BSN CEN CTRN; Advocate Aurora Health
MaryBeth Voight APRN; Carle Foundation Hospital
Johnny Macias Tejada MD, AGSF; Advocate Aurora Health
Michael Gibbs MD; Atrium Health
Victoria Schlanser MD; Cook County Health Care
Anna Capulong, PharmD, BCPS; Advocate Aurora Health
Patricia Cantieri, PharmD, BCPS; Advocate Aurora Health
Jean Barrett Blake RN, BSN, JD; Independent Healthcare Consultant
Michelle Lambright BSN, RN, C-NPT; University of Chicago
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Board Recognition Statement(s)
American Board of Surgery (ABS)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABS credit.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 6.75 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.75 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 6.75 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Click add to cart to check out and complete the registration process.
This conference is being held in-person at DoubleTree Hilton, Oakbrook IL
|Early Bird - until Oct 1st||After Oct 1st|
|Advocate Aurora Employees||$100.00||$100.00|
Cancellation and refund policy: All fees are refundable.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.