2023 Improving Developmental Screening in Early Childhood: Stage C
The goal of this project is to increase the percent of children receiving an ASQ-3 developmental screen at ages 12, 24, and 36 months to 75% within 3 to 6 months from starting the project. This will be called the ASQ-3 compliance percentage, which is the percentage of children seen with one completed ASQ by age 12 months, 2 completed ASQs by age 24 months, and 3 completed ASQs by age 36 months.
In the final stage of this project, you will reflect on your project and provide insights on how you will continue to improve. Please remember, you must demonstrate that you've actively participated in this project in order to receive credit.
This course is intended for AAH providers in pediatrics and family medicine.
At the end of this project, learners should be able to:
1. Understand the difference between developmental surveillance and developmental screening
2. Know the appropriate ages for doing developmental screening and specific ASD screening
3. Understand the recommended additional workup and referrals for children found to have abnormal screening
4. Understand the available evaluation, treatment, and family support services in Wisconsin and Illinois for children found to have developmental problems
Jeffrey W. Britton, MD, FAAP; Aurora Children’s Health – Sheboygan; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
For completing Stage C, you will be eligible for up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Accreditation Statement: Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification: Advocate Aurora Health has been approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) as a Multi-Specialty Portfolio Provider (MSPP). This allows Advocate Aurora Health to award Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV credits to those participants in this program who demonstrate active participation in this course. After verifying completion of all requirements and active participation, the Advocate Aurora CME Office will review and forward the form to the ABMS who will then transfer your credits to your Certifying Board. If you are certified by multiple Boards, this project will count towards all participating Boards (see Portfolio Program Credit Translation - June 2021.pdf for specific information). You will need to provide the names of the Boards as well as your certification number for each Board you list. The attestations are frequently audited by the Boards, so please provide complete, thoughtful responses.
Upon successful completion and attestation, the CME Office will review your completed project. If it is completed satisfactorily, the CME Office will submit the project to the ABMS who will in turn submit the completion data directly to your certifying Board. It will take approximately one month for the completion to register with your Board.
PAs: This QI Effort meets MOC Part IV Standards and Guidelines for the ABMS Multi-Specialty Portfolio Approval Program Organization and is eligible for MOC Part IV through participating ABMS Member Boards and for Category 1 PI-CME credits through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 10.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™