34th Annual Cardiology Update 2022
This course provides a comprehensive review of state-of-the-art practices to diagnose and treat patients with cardiovascular conditions. The 34th Annual Cardiology Update ensures attendees are current with recent advances in clinical cardiology and the best ways to take a team approach to incorporate them into daily practice to optimize patient outcomes.
This conference is being held virtually.
This activity is designed for Physicians, Advanced Practice Clinicians, Nurses, and other interested healthcare professionals
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Appropriately incorporate guidelines into treatment plans when diagnosing and treating patients at risk of and with heart disease.
Welcome, Opening Remarks, and Invocation
Stephen Rowley, MD – Activity Director
Mahesh Raju, MD – Medical Director Cardiology Section, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Rev. Kathie Bender Schwich, FACHE – Advocate Aurora Health Chief Spiritual Officer
New Therapies on the Horizon for Lipid Management
Alan Brown, MD
Home Monitoring: How We Follow Outpatient Arrhythmia and Device Function in 2022
Steven Chough, MD
Pregnancy and Associated Cardiac Concerns
Gaile Sabaliauskas, MD
9:15-9:35am Q&A Panel #1
REALLY!? Who Needs a Sports Cardiologist?
Joseph Marek, MD
A Primer on Pulmonary Hypertension
Owais Malick, MD
Updates in Peripheral Arterial Disease
Manan Naik, MD
11:10am-11:30am Q&A Panel #2
Closing - Stephen Rowley, MD
Agenda subject to change
Stephen Rowley, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Manisa Baker, DNP, APRN, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K; Advocate Aurora Health
Alan Brown, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Steven Chough, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Owais Malick, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Joseph Marek, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Manan Naik, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Gaile Sabaliauskas, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 3.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with the ABIM through the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
- 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 3.25 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.25 ABIM MOC Part IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 3.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Click “Take Course” to complete enrollment questions and register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.