AAH Allocation Guidelines & the Treatment of Older Patients Recorded Session
This lecture covers the resource allocation and how they affect care planning, especially during a pandemic.
This course is intended for Primary care, internal medicine, family medicine, Primary care PA's, APN's and other interested professionals
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Review the AAH ethical framework for allocating scarce resources during a pandemic.
- Explain "lives saved versus years of life" and "equity versus equality" in the context of AAH guidelines.
- Discuss initiating and ongoing conversations with patient and families about care planning in the context of scarce resources.
Joal Hill, JD, MPH, PhD; Advocate Aurora Health
Alyson Capp, PhD; Advocate Aurora Health
Thomas Triantafillou, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
If you attended the live session of AAH Allocation Guidelines & the Treatment of Older Patients, you will not be able to claim credit again for this course. You can however, still watch the content.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
If you have questions, please contact Advocate Aurora Continuing Medical Education Office at email@example.com