Aching for Relief: 2022 CDC Clinical Practice Guidelines Updates for Prescribing Opioids for Pain
The presentation will discuss the 2022 CDC clinical practice guideline updates for prescribing opioids for pain. In addition, the role of gabapentin in combination with other opioids will be evaluated.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Identify recent trends contributing to the ongoing opioid epidemic
- Evaluate the role of gabapentin in combination with opioids for the treatment of pain
- Compare and contrast the changes between the 2016 and 2022 CDC clinical practice guidelines for prescribing opioids for pain
- Apply the 2022 clinical practice guidelines for prescribing opioids to determine appropriate treatment options for patients suffering from acute/chronic pain
Brooke Noegel, PharmD, PGY1 Pharmacy Resident - Aurora West Allis Medical Center
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register/claim credit for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.