Acute Care for Elders 2019 National Conference
The National Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Conference trains and educates health professionals across Advocate Aurora in Wisconsin and Illinois, as well as multiple other health systems via live-streaming. By bringing in national speakers from the US and Canada, this conference helps to implement best-practice models of care in our own communities and draws national attention towards the efforts to improve care for vulnerable older adults.
This course is intended for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and allied health care providers involved in the care of older adults.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Understand and address the unique vulnerabilities of older adults and who are acutely ill or injured.
- Describe practice improvements to better address the needs of older individuals in the emergency department, in our hospitals, in programs to avoid hospitalization, and in transition between health care settings.
- Describe key lessons learned as our health systems prepare to care for populations of older Americans.
The Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport is conveniently located off I-94, just 2.5 miles from General Mitchell International Airport. Driving from I-94 heading toward Chicago, use Exit #316-319 College Ave./Airport ramp. Exit on College Ave and turn left (east). Turn right at 13th Street and the hotel will be on your right.
Michael Malone, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Aaron Malsch, Senior Services Program Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
Ann Gallo, Project Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
Patti Pagel, Director Senior Services; Advocate Aurora Health
Stephanie Steger, Administrative Assistant; Advocate Aurora Health
Caroline Blaum, MD; Department of Medicine NYU
Paul McGann, MD; Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service
Amy R Stuck, PhD, RN; West Health
Christopher Carpenter, MD, MSc, FACEP, FAAEM, AGSF; Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Jason Falvey, PT, DPT, PhD; Yale University School of Medicine
Samir K Sinha, MD, DPhil, FRCPC, AGSF; Sinai Health System and the University Health Network
Rebecca Radue, MD; Veterans Hospital
David Levine, MD, MPH, MA; Brigham and Woman's Hospital
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Aurora Health Care designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission of Accreditation. 5.5 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
- 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 5.50 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 5.50 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Please click on one of the options above and then click "Add to Cart". Once added to the card the price will be adjusted to reflect
the chart below.
|Physicians (MD, DO)||$125.00|
|Allied Health (PA, NP, RN, SW, PT/OT, etc.)||$60.00|
Full refunds will be given up to Friday, Nov. 1, 2019. Refunds will not be given after that time.
NOTE: For dietary restrictions please contact Stephanie Steger at 414-219-7997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.