Advance Directive Stage A
Thank you for enrolling in the performance improvement project. This online module has 3 stages, and you need to complete all three stages in order to claim credit. It will take you 3-6 months to fully complete this program.
In Stage A of this project, you will assess your current practice and set your improvement goals. Remember: you will seek to increase the number of Advance Directive conversations you initiate with patients 65 and older, tracking the number of discussions initiated each week.
- To identify barriers and biases related to initiating Advance Directive discussions in the primary care setting
- To explain the importance of Primary Care Provider involvement in Advance Directive discussions addressing barriers/biases
- To initiate Advance Directive discussions with geriatric patients in the primary care setting
For completing Stage A, you will be eligible for up to 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
If you complete all 3 stages and demonstrate active participation, this course is designed to provide both the 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and also to meet the requirements for many of the ABMS Board Certification requirements through the Multi-Specialty Portfolio Provider (MSPP) Designation. Visit the ABMS MSPP website to verify that your Board is a member of the Portfolio Program.
"Active participation" means the practitioner must:
- Provide direct or consultative care to patients as part of the project.
- Implement the project’s interventions (the changes designed to improve care) and reflect on the tools you selected to see if they are the correct tools to make a change.
- Collect, submit, and review data in keeping with the project’s measurement plan with two linked cycles of data review.
- Collaborate by actively discussing what you have learned with at least two people.
Upon successful completion and attestation, the CPD Office will submit the project to the ABMS who will in turn submit the completion data directly to your certifying Board. It will take approximately one month for the completion to register with your Board.
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.