Appropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute, Uncomplicated Bronchitis in Adults
Antibiotics are being overprescribed specifically for the treatment of uncomplicated bronchitis in the ambulatory setting, despite that the cause is viral in over 90% of cases. In this session we will discuss the best practice for prescribers to treat uncomplicated bronchitis in adults.
* The content of this course was reviewed and approved as of 11/15/2019.
This course is intended for primary care providers including Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioners/NPs and MDs/DOs.
Upon completion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Apply current evidence-based recommendations for the care of adults with bronchitis in the ambulatory setting.
- Limit the use of antibiotics for adults with bronchitis in the ambulatory setting.
- Utilize an internal, electronic best-practice alert in your ambulatory practice aimed at reducing the use of antibiotics for adults with bronchitis
Courtney Horvat, PharmD; Aurora Health Care
Charles Brummitt, MD; Aurora Health Care
Tom Dilworth, PharmD; Aurora Health Care
Lynne Fehrenbacher, PharmD, BCPS-AQ ID; Aurora Health Care
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AttendanceAttendance Credit