Aurora Lung Cancer Screening Program and Thoracic Specialty Svs Overview
Physician and nursing champions from the LDCT Lung Screening program will provide an overview of the evidence based rationale for LDCT, overview of the LDCT screening process and Lung RADS, review the criteria for appropriate patient selection and process for referral to the LDCT screening program, and provide a “cheat sheet” resource for ordering clinicians. A section will also be focused on soliciting and documenting an accurate tobacco pack year history for clinicians and their teams. Thoracic interventional and surgical services will be described for consideration for consultative support.
This course is intended for primary care clinicians, pulmonologists, nurses, and MAs
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify appropriate patients for Low Dose Chest Tomography (LDCT) Lung Cancer Screening.
- Understand the Lung Imaging Reporting and Data System (Lung-RADS) for LDCT lung cancer screenings and recommendations for follow up testing.
- Perform an accurate smoking history & document an accurate up to date tobacco pack year history in Epic.
- Recognize patients with Lung-Rads category 4 results will undergo review at an Aurora Health Care (AHC) Multidisciplinary conference.
- Describe and access appropriate pulmonology and thoracic surgery consult services to support patients with LDCT lung cancer screening abnormal findings that require intervention.
Course Directors: Steven Leh, MD; Advocate Aurora Health, William Tisol, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Daniel Malone, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
David Demos, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
James Weese ,MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Laurie Dlouhy, RN; Advocate Aurora Health
Marija Bjegovich-Weidman, RN; Advocate Aurora Health
Amy Bock RN, Sr Director; Advocate Aurora Health
Anne Weers RN, Director; Advocate Aurora Health
Jody Wesolowski, Data Specialist; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit