Beware the Bite: The Overview and Treatment of Malaria Infections
Review of the geographical prevalence, etiology and treatment of malaria infections. This will include learning about how to identify different species of plasmodium infections, strategizing treatment options based on recent literature and guidelines, and applying concepts learned from our internal guidelines.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
• Recall details regarding prevalence, presentation, and geographical prevalence of malaria infections
• Develop an anti-malarial regimen based on guideline recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO)
• Differentiate between plasmodium species associated with relapse and therapeutic management
• Identify AAH anti-malarial hub sites and current internal guidelines for malaria treatment
Jason Newton, PharmD - PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.