A Brief Overview of Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
This pre-recorded webinar outlines the clinical significance of using continuous blood glucose monitoring (CGM) devices. The benefits, cost, and how to use CGM will be discussed to further educate providers on the current technologies of blood glucose monitoring.
This course is intended for Advocate Aurora Health Primary Care Physicians
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Understand the differences between traditional self monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) and continuous glucose monitor (CGM)
- Understand how CGMs operate and are used in diabetes care
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of CGM
- Identify appropriate patients who could benefit from CGM
- Evaluate the results given from the CGM and apply it to dosing strategies in a given case
Course Director: Rich Kelly, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Lea dela Pena, PharmD, BCPS; Advocate Aurora Health
Anna Vollbrecht-Kappes, PharmD; Advocate Aurora Health
Loren-Ashley Williams, PharmD, CDE; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit