Case Studies in Clinical Risk Adjustment (CRA)
This course will give providers an understanding of diagnosis accuracy and the impact on the depiction of severity of a patient’s illness. This course will also provide knowledge of EPIC tools available for Clinical Risk Adjustment (CRA) work. Proper documentation will not only ensure patient safety but also the rating of provider cost efficiency and quality scores in managing chronic conditions.
This course is intended for Family Practice and Internal Medicine and Geriatric Physician, NPs and PA and any clinician needing a brush up on the importance of completeness and accuracy in diagnosis coding.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Describe the importance of diagnosis coding
- Understand Documentation Requirements
- Identify diagnoses via case studies that show how completeness and accuracy matters
John Brill, MD, MPH; Advocate Aurora Health
Victoria Ruetten, Director Clinical Risk Adjustment; Advocate Aurora Health
Wilson Gabbard, VP Clinical Risk Adjustment; Advocate Aurora Health
Sarang Baman, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Amanpreet Sethi, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™