Charge Nurse Lead Workshop May
This program consists of 1 e-Learning session and a 4-hour virtual session. There is an pre-requisite e-learning course that needs to be completed prior to the live course. The pre-requisite eLearning is 30 mins and the virtual live course is 3.5 hours with 3 10 min breaks totaling 4 hours. This will include group activities, videos, and discussions to help team members obtain training to become a Charge Nurse/Lead. The course will provide the foundational principles and skills needed to function effectively in a charge nurse/lead role.
The contact person for these presentations will be Percy Ittickathra MSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, NPD-BC, email email@example.com
This course is being held virtually.
This course is intended for Nursing and Charge Nurses, leads to the role and Charge Nurses and Leads that want a refresher course.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- All learners will have increased knowledge in identifying characteristics of an effective charge nurse/lead.
- All learners will have increased knowledge in utilizing the tools to provide feedback.
- All learners will have increased knowledge in identifying the role of a charge nurse/lead in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the unit.
- All learners will have increased knowledge in knowing how to access the AAH Nursing Hub at least once and navigate to the front page and practice section.
- All learners will have increased knowledge in understanding the charge nurse/leads’ position as a role model in service recovery and managing challenging behaviors.
- All learners will have increased knowledge in identifying at least 1 new strategy for effective unit/department staffing coordination.
Percy Ittickathra MSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, NPD-BC, Responsible Nurse Planner
Patti Stockhausen MSN RN-BC
Nicole Guyer MSN, RN, PCCN
Megan Suszek MSN, RN
Anne Kuklinski RN, BS, CCRN
Melissa Oberle DNP, RN, OCN
Jordan Melton MSN, RN
Jennifer Franzen MSN, RN
Mandy Walter MSN BSN RN NPD-BC WHNP-BC
Jenn Hunter MSN, RN
Rebecca Eberhardt MSN, RNC-MNN, NPD-BC
Sarah Lehman MSN, RN AMB-BC
Heather Selk BSN, RN
Amy Stigler BSN, RN, RNC-NIC
Grace Walls MSN, RN
Carissa Blumenshine MSN, RN, NPD-BC, PCCN-K
The contact person for these presentations will be Percy Ittickathra MSN, RN-BC at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this blended activity for a maximum of 4.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 4.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 4.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
This course is for Advocate Aurora employees only.
This area is for claiming credit only. To register for this course, please search and register for it in Workday. After completion, claim credit here.
Click “Take Course” to register and/or claim credit for this program.
Contact the Continuing Nursing Education Team at ASC-CNE@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.