Core Competency in Pain: Antidepressants for Pain
Those who work in Advocate Aurora Pain Clinics, including Physicians, PA’s, Psychologists, NP’s, Psychiatrists, EM, FM, Social Workers, Substance Abuse Counselors.
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits of ER/LA therapy, as well as possible misuse.
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques, as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics and properly use evidence-based tools while assessing for adverse effects.
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics and identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.
Course Director: Michael McNett, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 0.75 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is available to Advocate Aurora Health providers (employed and independent) and team members only. If you are not already logged in, please use "CME Advocate Aurora Health Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the Advocate Aurora CME office at firstname.lastname@example.org