Core Competency in Pain Learner Assessment
This course will educate prescribers of opioids “responsible opioid prescribing” within our system. This education will assist prescribers to develop strategies to reduce the risk of abuse and addiction by patients.
Those who work in Aurora Pain Clinics, including Physicians, PA’s, Psychologists, NP’s, Psychiatrists, EM, FM, Social Workers, Substance Abuse Counselors.
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits of ER/LA therapy, as well as possible misuse.
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques, as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics and properly use evidence-based tools while assessing for adverse effects.
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics and identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.
Course Director: Michael McNett, MD; Aurora Health Care
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 60.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 60.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 60.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 60.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
In order to receive credit for this course you must complete all the assessments.
This course is available to Aurora Health Care providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Aurora Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the Aurora CME office at firstname.lastname@example.org.