COVID-19 Healthcare Delivery and Transformation Project
This opportunity will be open through November 2022. Please submit your attestation by November 10, 2022 to guarantee it is recognized by year end.
Our practice changes and learnings from coronavirus are unprecedented. It’s important to record and share them, as well as receive credit for any improvements and innovations we developed. COVID-19 Healthcare Delivery and Transformation is a new project avenue supported by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) and Advocate Aurora Health. It maximizes the contributions of our health care providers by awarding Maintenance of Certification (MOC) – ABMS Part IV or National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) PI-CME credits for these accomplishments.
This opportunity is available for all employed providers at Advocate Aurora Health.
Click here for more information about how this project will be recognized by your certifying Board. If you are certified by multiple Boards, this project will count towards all participating Boards.
Criteria for eligibility and secondary credit includes:
- You must be an ABMS board-certified physician or an AAPA-certified physician assistant. Osteopathic physicians that are osteopathically board certified are not eligible as this pertains to allopathic board certification only.
- You must be part of a board that participates in the program (Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OBGYN, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Pathology, Pediatrics, PM&R, Preventive Medicine, Psychiatry, Neurology, Radiology, Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Urology).
- Board dues must be up-to-date.
- If you have already participated in MOC-IV activity in your current board certification cycle, you may still be able to claim credit for a second activity. Refer to your member board for details.
The following Boards are currently participating in the ABMS Portfolio Program:
American Board of Anesthesiology
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of Emergency Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Ophthalmology
American Board of Otolaryngology
American Board of Pathology
American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Board of Preventive Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
American Board of Radiology
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
American Board of Urology
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
This QI Effort meets MOC Part IV Standards and Guidelines for the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Multi-Specialty Portfolio Approval Program Organization and is eligible for MOC Part IV through participating ABMS Member Boards and for Category 1 PI-CME credits through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. If you are certified by multiple Boards, this project will count towards all participating Boards (see Portfolio Program Credit Translation - June 2021.pdf for specific information). You will need to provide the names of the Boards as well as your certification number for each Board you list.
PAs: This QI activity meets the requirements of the ABMS Portfolio Program and is eligible for continuing certification through participating ABMS Member Boards and for Category 1 PI-CME credits through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). As an approved ABMS Portfolio Program Sponsor, Advocate Aurora Health has been approved by the ABMS Portfolio Program to approve QI Efforts for continuing certification (for physicians) and for Category 1 PI-CME credit for PAs.
- 1.00 MOC Part IV ProjectAurora Health Care has been approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties as a portfolio provider for Part IV Credits towards Maintenance of Certification. This applies only to those Boards participating in the MSPP Program. Check with your certifying Board for specifics. Any fees relating to Board Certification still apply.
This project is available to Advocate Aurora providers (employed and independent) only. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to provide you certifying board ID number(s) and your NPI number. Visit https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/ to look you your NPI number.