Current Practices in Wound Care
This course will cover two current topics in assessment and treatment of wounds: Pressure Ulcer Update and UlltraMIST Therapy. The lectures will be followed by a case study.
This conference is being held virtually.
This activity is designed for physicians and nurses involved in assessment and treatment of wounds.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Recommend current best practices in the assessment and treatment of complex wounds.
- Design an assessment and treatment plan with patients while setting appropriate expectations.
Laurie Gesell, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Elizabeth Francis, APRN, FNP-BC, CWS; Advocate Aurora Health
Pablo Perez, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Robert Zick, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Julie Mayer; Advocate Aurora Health
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.50 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.50 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.