Death Certificate Overview for Illinois Providers
This lecture covers the requirements needed for signing death certificates in addition to providing an overview of legalities associated with death certificates.
This course is intended for all physicians. APCs, PAs, Practice managers/administration.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify the requirements for signing death certificate
- Develop ways to prevent delays in signing the death certificate
- Plan ways to avoid and/or reduce legalities involved with death certificates
Jen Johnson, MSN, RN, CPHRM, Advocate Medical Group
Michael Faddah, BS, BA, MM, MBA, Advocate Aurora Health
Kimberly Battle-Miller, MD, Advocate Medical Group
Steve Steinback, Esq., Barker, Castro, Kuban & Steinback, LLC
Dan Pippin, IL Dept. of Public Health, Div. of Vital Records
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™