Don't Go Overboard: Intravenous Volume Resuscitation in Septic Shock
This program will cover pathophysiology of fluid administration in septic shock, guideline recommendations, fluid therapy and selection, literature reviewing intravenous volume resuscitation in septic shock, complications, and treatment plans.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Summarize different intravenous fluid and volume selection strategies
- Evaluate literature supporting intravenous fluid resuscitation and volume administered for septic shock
- Identify complications associated with intravenous volume resuscitation in septic shock
- Develop an evidence-based treatment plan for administration and selection of intravenous fluids for septic shock
Michelle Tulchinskaya, PharmD, PGY1 Pharmacy Resident at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.