Emergency Department Buprenorphine Induction
This activity reviews the most recent opioid death statistics, includes patient with lived experiences videos, reviews induction of buprenorphine, the mechanism of buprenorphine and introduction of new containment xylazine. Dr. Coogan leads case scenarios to review common questions regarding buprenorphine.
This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professional.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Review the most current opioid overdose data
- Outline the pharmacology of buprenorphine
- Explain that buprenorphine treatment leads decrease in deaths
Diana Bottari,DO; Advocate Aurora Health
Paul Coogan, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Sue Serratore, RN; Advocate Aurora Health
Ashley Kwasinski; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.