In the Eye of the Beholder: Ocular Toxicities of Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy
This presentation will explore the ocular toxicities related to systemic anti-cancer therapies, including prevention strategies, diagnosis, and management.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Identify ophthalmic adverse effects commonly associated with systemic anti-cancer drug therapy
- Compare the mechanisms of ocular toxicity associated with immunotherapy and antibody drug conjugates
- Determine an appropriate prevention strategy for ocular toxicities associated with systemic anti-cancer therapy
- Design a comprehensive prevention plan for a patient receiving a systemic anti-cancer agent with known ocular side effects
Emily Anshus, PharmD, PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Resident – Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc. Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register/claim credit for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.