Fire Safety for Providers
This fire safety educational session is designed to review the components of a fire triangle and safety measures required to prevent and/or contain fires in the procedural environment. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete this course.
This course is intended for providers in all specialties.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify the three components of the fire triangle
- Apply fire prevention interventions
- Identify steps in extinguishing a fire
- Describe PASS and RACE
- Define the rolls and responsibilities of proceduralist, anesthesia personnel and LIPs and others in the event of a fire.
Course Director: James Hoell, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Margaret Kuehl, MSN, RN, CNOR; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit