Healthy Me Lifestyle Coaching
Healthy Me Lifestyle Coaching bridges the gap between the idea of change and the reality of change. Our coaches actively listen, educate, and provide resources to empower small, incremental shifts which encourage sustainable healthier habits. Healthy Me Lifestyle Coaching also helps patients bridge the gap between receiving medical recommendations and the participant's ability to successfully implement those medical recommendations into their complex lives.
This course is intended for physicians and APCs with patients who have a BMI greater than or equal to 30 kg/m2.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- State why best practice evidence supports the use of coaching as an important interventional component that helps patients, with a BMI greater than or equal to 30 kg/m2, achieve sustainable weight loss.
- Understand the cognitive behavioral strategies used by coaches when assisting patients with weight loss.
- Understand the process within the Advocate Aurora organization on how to refer patients, the details of the coaching program, who the coaches are, and what expert training these coaches have achieved.
Paula Carlton, NP; Advocate Aurora Health
Julia Hester-Diaz, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Mary Larscheidt, M.A., BSN, RN; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This course is available to Advocate Aurora providers (employed and independent) only. Please use "CME Advocate Aurora Health Login" to access the project. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the CME Office at email@example.com