Hyperbaric Simulation Lab: July 30, 2020
Historically the hyperbaric medicine providers have completed some of their competency evaluations through annual oral discussions. This simulation lab course will offer the unique opportunity to augment our competencies with a hands-on simulation training lab staffed with guest Aurora partners including Emergency Medicine physicians, ENT physicians, and Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructors. The goal is to augment and reinforce participants knowledge with others expertise as a "real world-working as a team" education allowing for practice in a safe environment.
This initiative was advocated for by the medical staff leadership.
Wound Care/Hyperbaric MD’s and APC’s
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Recognize, stabilize, and treat clinical and emergent complications and side effects of Hyperbaric treatment.
- Discuss indications and potential complications of intubation. Demonstrate the ability to correctly intubate
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly decompress a tension pneumothorax.
Laurie Gesell, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Paul Coogan, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Gerald Godfrey, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
David Hyman, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Sunitha Nair, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Risa Anderson; Advocate Aurora Health
Jennifer Cuske-Dunn; Advocate Aurora Health
Robin Mueller; Advocate Aurora Health
Scott Schlenner; Advocate Aurora Health
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit