Identifying Opioid Abuse in Chronic Pain Patients
This course will cover how to identify opioid abuse in chronic pain patients, identifying abuse risk and techniques for maximizing accuracy.
Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Neurology, Rheumatology, and Emergency Medicine
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify aberrant opioid behaviors and assign them an appropriate level of risk.
- Choose an optimal form of urine drug screening and appropriately interpret it
- Access the WI Prescription Drug Monitoring Program and interpret patient risk based on its data
- Appropriately administer and interpret opioid abuse risk questionnaires.
- Stratify opioid abuse risk based on history, physical, aberrant behaviors, urine drug screening, and abuse risk questionnaire assessments
Michael McNett, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.25 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is available to Advocate Aurora Health providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Aurora Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org