Informed Decision-Making, Appropriate Decision-Makers & Advance Care Planning Part II Recorded Session
This lecture covers the determination of decision-making capacity and process and components of advance care planning.
This course is intended for Primary care, internal medicine, family medicine, Primary care PA's, APN's and other interested professionals
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify the elements of an appropriate informed decision-making process and the process of assessing decision-making capacity
- Identify the legally appropriate substitute decision-maker(s) when a patient lacks decision-making capacity
- Identify the components of advance care planning that are appropriate for inpatients, healthy outpatients, the chronically ill, and the terminally ill
Julie Goldstein, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Thomas Triantafillou, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
If you attended the live session of Informed Decision-Making, Appropriate Decision-Makers & Advance Care Planning Part II, you will not be able to claim credit again for this course. You can however, still watch the content.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
If you have questions, please contact Advocate Aurora Continuing Medical Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org