Intersection of Anxiety and Depression with Cardiac Disease--Recorded segment
This presentation will provide information on the field of cardiac psychology and discuss prevalence rates, treatment, and the impact of varying emotional states on the cardiovascular system.
The program is aimed at psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses and other allied health professionals who deal with mental health issues and addiction medicine.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Define and describe key concepts and population in cardiac psychology practice
- Identify prevalence rates of depression, anxiety and PTSD in cardiac populations
- Discuss psychosocial predictors of adherence to medical regime
Speaker: Jeffery Lauzon, PhD; Advocate Aurora Health
Director: Michael Bohn, MD; Advocat eAurora Health
Jay Chrostowski, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Joy Mead-Meucci, MS, CSAC; Advocate Aurora Health
Janet Rewolinski, RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Munther Barakat, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Robin Monson-Dupuis, LCSW, SAC; Advocate Aurora Health
Kate Wesley, Medical Education Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit