Introduction to Obesity Medicine: Online Module
A modern approach for the primary care provider when dealing with obese patients. Topics covered will be:
- Defining obesity as a disease
- The epidemiology of obesity
- Health care costs for patients with obesity
- Therapeutic approaches in treating obesity
This course is intended for Family Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Preventive Medicine.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
1. Recognize obesity in their patients and diagnose the disease
2. Communicate the health care implications of obesity to patients
3. Identify appropriate treatment options and patient resources
Melanie Smith, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Natasha Malesevich; MHA; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of .25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit