Introduction to Utilization Management for the Hospital Base Provider
This course is designed for hospital-based physicians to provide education on their role with Utilization Management (UM)/CM processes and how to determine patient admission status (Inpatient verses Outpatient with Observation).
This course is intended for hospital based providers
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Explain the role of Utilization Management (UM) in the hospital setting.
- Recognize the importance of the patient’s admission status.
- Discover helpful pearls around determining the most appropriate admission status
Rebecca Severe, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 0.50 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.