Legal Pitfalls: The What, When, and How to Respond During a Deposition
AMG has partnered with Betsy Gover from the law firm of Nielsen, Zehe, & Antas to review components of a deposition and how to respond/react during the deposition. We will also provide a mock deposition which will assist team members/providers being deposed on what to expect in the event they are deposed.
This conference is being held virtually.
This activity is designed for Phyicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals..
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Differentiate between the different components of a deposition
- Able to identify the do/don'ts when giving a deposition,
- Actively reach out to Risk Management when a subpoena is received
Betsy Grover, Esq.; Nielsen, Zehe & Antas
Jen Johnson, MSN, RN, CPHRM, Advocate Aurora Health
Sam Abuzineh, BA, EMT - B; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Advocate Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Advocate Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the Advocate Health CE Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.