Management of Acute Bone and Prosthetic Joint Infections
Review on the Management of Acute Bone and Joint Infections with interactive case assessment questions based on clinical evidence for antimicrobial selection, duration, and bone penetration.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
• Identify characteristics of bone and prosthetic joint infections.
• Recognize risk factors and challenges associated with the treatment of bone and prosthetic joint infections.
• Analyze evidence-based empiric and targeted antimicrobial therapy for a patient with a bone or prosthetic joint infection.
• Compare antimicrobial selection for effective treatment of known organism in bone and prosthetic joint infections.
Logan Erdmann, PharmD - PGY1 Pharmacy Resident – Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc.
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.