This course provides a foundation of medication non-adherence and the importance of adherence, especially as it relates to Medicare Star measures. The participant will learn how to identify and help patients resolve barriers to medication adherence, including many resources to assist with this.
This course is intended for Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Define medication adherence
- Explain the importance of medication adherence, including the impact it has on Medicare Stars measures
- Identify potential barriers to medication adherence
- List strategies recommended to overcome barriers to medication adherence, and
- Describe the tools available to providers for assessing and addressing non-adherence
Donna Clarke, Advocate Aurora Health
Robert Belter, MD, Advocate Aurora Health
Melinda Sharp, MD, Advocate Aurora Health
Marisa Goninen, MD, Advocate Aurora Health
Andrew Schilli, MD, Advocate Aurora Health
Leslie Shapiro, Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 0.50 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This course is available to Advocate Aurora providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
APP members should take this course in the APP e-University.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.