Pediatric Clinical Risk Adjustment (CRA)
This course will give providers an understanding of rating diagnoses properly based on severity of a patient’s illness and Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) score. This course will also provide knowledge of EPIC tools available for Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) work. Proper documentation will not only ensure patient safety but also the rating of provider cost efficiency and quality scores in managing chronic conditions.
This course is intended for Family Practice and Pediatricians NPs and PA and any provider needing a brush up on HCC’s.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Explain the basics of clinical risk adjustment
- Describe the program's impact on Quality/Safety Measures and reimbursement
- Identify documentation requirements and best practices
- Locate additional resources on Clinical Risk Adjustment
Vicki Ruetten, Director Clinical Risk Adjustment; Advocate Aurora Health
Valerie Hall, Manager CRA Program; Advocate Aurora Health
Nicole Brzezinski, BSN, RN, CRA Consultant; Advocate Aurora Health
Afreen Rana, CRA Consultant; Advocate Aurora Health
Mae Phillips, CRA Consultant; Advocate Aurora Health
Janet Holk, CRA Consultant; Advocate Aurora Health
Bob Belter, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Yasser Said, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 0.75 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This course is available to Advocate Aurora providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use log in to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.