Pediatric Port-A-Cath 12/13/2022
This is a 1 hour class for pediatric nurses that take care of patients with port-a-caths. Please join us for an overview and hands-on demonstration and return demonstration.
This will be offered on June 14, 2022, September 13, 2022, and December 13, 2022.
This course is intended for Nursing.
Desired Learning Outcome:
At the end of this class, the learner will demonstrate how to care for a port-a-cath central line including accessing and de-accessing the port-a-cath, maintenance care, and troubleshooting of the port-a-cath.
Criteria for Successful Completion:
- Attendance of the entire event
- Complete a hands-on demonstration with the presenter
- Evaluations will be completed after the event
- Participants will have 28 days to complete the evaluation
- Upon submission of the evaluation, the participant will receive their certificate
Noel Brigham, RN, CPHON, CPN
Kelsey Niketopoulos, MSN, RN, CPN
None of the planners or presenters for this educational activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Advocate Aurora Health is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
Contact the Continuing Nursing Education Team at ASC-CNE@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.