Pharmacological Management of Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) Associated Complications
The focus of this presentation will be an introduction into left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) as well as management of common complications seen with LVADs.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Identify the ideal candidate for Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) therapy support
- Differentiate between LVAD components and associated complications
- Differentiate between LVAD specific, LVAD related, non-LVAD related infections in LVAD supported patients
- Identify common signs, symptoms, and treatment options for right ventricular failure in LVAD supported patients
- List signs, symptoms, and common treatments for pump thrombosis
Nicholas Lombardo, PharmD, PGY1 Pharmacy Resident – Advocate Christ Medical Center
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register/claim credit for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.