Post COVID Syndrome - Preparing for the Long Haulers
There is an increase in patients returning after their COVID viral episode ends that present with a wide range of complaints and symptoms. During this education, a panel of AAH Medical Group experts will discuss this emerging trend in COVID survivors. The education will provide information on how to educate patients on Post-COVID Syndrome, understand testing and treatment options, when to refer a patient, and how to manage and coordinate care.
This course is intended for AAMG-WI clinicians - specifically primary care. Secondary audience include pulmonary medicine, ID, cardiology, and neurology.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Educate patients on Post-COVID Syndrome
- Understand testing and treatment options
- Order appropriate specialty referrals
- Effectively manage and coordinate care for the patient
Julia Hester-Diaz, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Theodore Gronski, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
John Meidl, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Eric Maas, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Federico Sanchez, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
M. Fuad Jan, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™