Providing Cancer Care to the Underserved
This conference will address diversity and inclusion issues that present barriers to the underserved populations in obtaining state-of-the-art health care. It will also address unusual situations where diversity and inclusion issues arise including problems for English speaking patients in foreign countries.
This conference is being held virtually.
This course is intended for Primary Care Physicians, Pediatricians, Oncologists, Surgeons, Surgical Sub Specialists, Radiation Oncologists, Nurses and other Healthcare Professionals, Community Healthcare Professionals
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Recognize the need for engaging diverse communities in preventive care measures
- Identify and gain insight into the issues surrounding health care of the diverse populations
- Explain how to make more effective speakers and educators of the diverse patient populations
A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Course Directors: James Weese, MD, FACS; Advocate Aurora Health
Federico Sanchez, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Dawn Shelton-Williams, MSW, LCSW; Advocate Aurora Health
Pamela Portschy, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Nyama Sillah, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Nicole Hertel Meirose; Advocate Aurora Health
Jonathan Kiechle, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Jennifer Jarvey Balistreri, MS; Advocate Aurora Health
Cathy Schulz, MSN, APNP; Advocate Aurora Health
Anthony Harris, Co-Chair City of Milwaukee Tobacco-Free Alliance LGBTQ+ Work Group and Youth Harm Reduction Coordinator
Jessica Bupp, RN, DNN-CG; Advocate Aurora Health
Carol Huibregtse, RN, MSN, OCN; Advocate Aurora Health
Lorraine Lathen, Director Wisconsin African American Tobacco Prevention Network, Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Poverty Network
Kim Rodeman, Certified Credit Counselor, Advocate Aurora Health
Dhrubajyoti.Bhattacharya, MD, MPH, LLM; Vice President, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Advocate Aurora Health
Faculty disclosures are being reviewed and will be presented to the audience in advance of the program.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 4.25 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The day of the session use this link to join the webinar:
This program will be recorded and posted online for ongoing viewing. Please turn your camera/video off if you do not want your image shared within the recorded video. If you have any concerns, please contact the CME Office at email@example.com.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
Contact the Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.