Pump It Up: Management of Cardiogenic Shock
This presentation will prepare pharmacists to define, understand, and manage cardiogenic shock through the review of recent literature and guidelines pertaining to the matter.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Differentiate key hemodynamic features of cardiogenic shock
- Examine literature pertaining to available pharmacologic therapies for cardiogenic shock
- Design a guideline supported pharmacologic therapy plan for treatment of cardiogenic shock
- Identify advantages of mechanical device support including expected hemodynamic results
Abby Seger, PharmD, PGY2 Cardiology Pharmacy Resident – Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc.
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register/claim credit for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.