Radiation Safety for Licensed Practitioners Using Fluoroscopic X-Ray Equipment
The purpose of this education is to provide initial physics, radiation safety, radiobiology, and regulatory information to physicians using fluoroscopic x-ray equipment, as required by Wisconsin regulation DHS 157.76(11) (a).
Topics and educational content
- Principles of Fluoroscopic X-Ray System
- Biological effects of x-ray
- Principles of radiation protection, fluoroscopic outputs, high level control options, and dose reduction techniques
- State and federal regulations
All non-radiologist licensed practitioners who operate fluoroscopic equipment
- Understand where and how x-rays are made.
- Relate image quality and patient dose.
- Understand the possible effects of radiation exposure on the patient.
Course Director: Douglas J. Simpkin, Ph.D., DABR, FAAPM; Advocate Aurora Health
William MacDonald, MD; AMG Imaging Services, Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is available to Aurora Health Care providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Aurora Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view this course open in Google Chrome.