Risk Management: Adolescent Population--Recorded Segment
This presentation will discuss how to manage risk involved with working with child and adolescent populations and will provide clarity in the role of the law and ethics in risk management.
The program is aimed at psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses and other allied health professionals who deal with mental health issues and addiction medicine.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- recognize an instance in which you need to weigh risk management or consult when involved in treatment
- Describe the factors that need to be considered when making a decision regarding risk management
- Describe the ways in which confidentiality with an adolescent differs from informed consent
Speaker: Munther Barakat, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Director: Michael Bohn, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Jay Chrostowski, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Joy Mead-Meucci, MS, CSAC; Advocate Aurora Health
Janet Rewolinski, RN, BSN; Advocate Aurora Health
Munther Barakat, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Kate Wesley, Medical Education Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Aurora Health Care designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit