Risk Management in EFM: Improving Outcomes, Decreasing Liability 2023
Obstetrics continues to be a significant risk management concern, and allegations related to electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) and labor management remain the top issues for plaintiff’s attorneys. This program will provide insights into both risk reduction and risk mitigation, with a focus on standardization and underlying physiology. Physicians, nurses, and midwives will learn to improve outcomes while reducing the potential for liability using real life case examples and evidence-based approaches; the program also includes a multidisciplinary tracing practicum and ample time for questions and discussion.
This course is intended for Obstetrics and Gynecologic Physicians and Nurses, Certified Nurse Midwives, Family Practice Physicians who do OB; Labor and Delivery and Postpartum Nurses
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify knowledge gaps in fetal monitoring & labor management.
- Apply an evidence-based approach of standardized interpretation and management to intrapartum electronic fetal monitoring.
- Discuss the relationship between uterine activity and fetal oxygenation.
- Utilize the NICHD terminology and 2 principles of interpretation in an FHR tracings review.
- Describe the relationship between documentation & deposition and discuss the legal implications of both.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 6.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 6.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.
Enroll in Risk Management in EFM: Improving Outcomes, Decreasing Liability 2023 first and then you can choose what courses you want to claim CE credit for.
|All other Advocate Nurses and Clinicians||$100.00|
|Advocate Christ/Advocate Trinity Clinicians||$75.00|
|Advocate Christ/Advocate Trinity Nurses||$25.00|
Cancellation and refund policy: Conference Fees are non-refundable.
The content for this course is specific to Advocate Aurora Health Care providers.
This course is available to Advocate Aurora Health providers (employed and independent) and team members only. If you need help enrolling or logging in, contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at email@example.com.