Sexual Assault Recorded Sessions
This presentation will provide details on the Forensic Nurse Examiner program and how to work with alongside all members of the treatment team to provide the best continuum of care to victims of sexual assault, human trafficking, and other forms of interpersonal violence.
This course is intended for psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and other allied health professionals who deal with mental health issues and addiction medicine.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify hidden signs of victimization
- List the internal and external resources for victims of violence
- Describe the three systems that interact when treating a victim
Deanna Grundl, RN, BSN, SANE-A; Advocate Aurora Health
Tamara Remington, Retired Law Enforcement; Sheboygan Police Department
Russell Temme, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Cynthia Valentin, PhD, APN, ARNP; Advocate Aurora Health
Paul Zenisek, LCSW, CSAC; Advocate Aurora Health
Jay Chrostowski, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Munther Barakat, PsyD; Advocate Aurora Health
Anna Feeley, Medical Education Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health
The planners and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no financial relationships with any commercial interests to be disclosed.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 2.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™