Smart Chart Ambulatory Behavioral Health Provider 200
In this course, particitpants will learn how to update/review allergies, update/manage family, social and surgical history, write initial notes specific to Inpatient Behavioral Health using Epic tools, reconcile medications, enter orders using order sets and manage orders at transi-tions of care (admission, discharge, transfer). In addition, participants will document discharge instructions and follow-up and manage the In Basket, cosign orders and respond to clinical queries. Providers will also learn how to access and review records in PHP, and admit, document and discharge patients in PHP.
Ambulatory Behavioral Health Providers
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Operate the EMR in a safe and efficient manner
- Review clinical information effectively
- Accurately create, edit, and document procedures and diagnoses
- Correctly order tests, medications, and prescriptions
This course covers:
- update/review patient information
- update/manage family, social and surgical history
- write initial notes specific to Inpatient Behavioral Health using Epic tools
- enter orders using Order Sets and Manage Orders at transition of care (admission, discharge, transfer)
- document discharge instructions and follow-up
- manage the In Basket
- respond to clinical queries
- access/review records in PHP
- admit/document/discharge patients in PHP
Course Director: James Holmberg, MD, Director Medical Group Operations and Optimization; Advocate Aurora Health
Christine Karpowicz, Director Practice Informatics; Advocate Aurora Health
Craig Schroeder, Principal Trainer; Advocate Aurora Health
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this other activity (at elbow training) for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 4.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is available to Aurora Health Care providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. This course needs to be completed with a trainer as it requires specific EPIC system training. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.