Status Update: Recent Evidence for the Management of Status Epilepticus
This presentation will discuss the management of status epilepticus as outlined by the 2016 American Epilepsy Society Guideline and present emerging evidence since the publication of that guideline.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
• Summarize the status epilepticus treatment algorithm outlined by the 2016 American Epilepsy Society Guideline.
• Appropriately select and dose a therapy for urgent control of status epilepticus based on patient-specific factors
• Identify lacosamide's place in therapy and its key therapeutic considerations
• Evaluate the utility of emerging treatments for refractory status epilepticus based on the quality of evidence
Justin Ferek, PharmD - PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.