SUICIDE PREVENTION: OVERVIEW FOR INTERVENTION
A one-hour virtual training that provides opportunities to accomplish the following objectives, utilizing discussion of care management patient cases and question-and-answer:
- Discuss what constitutes suicidal thoughts
- Identify patient criteria to complete the C-SSRS
- Describe steps to address the C-SSRS results
- Identify available resources to maintain patient and team member safety
Desired learning outcome
Using a Likert scale, after participating in this event, the learners will be able to increase their knowledge of the Columbia- Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) and the actions/resources on how to ensure patient safety with a patient having suicidal ideation or behaviors.
This course is intended for Nursing
Tarrah Vergara, MS, RN, NPD-BC Advocate Aurora Health
None of the planners or presenters for this educational activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.
CE Accreditation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Nursing Education (CE)Aurora Health Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.00 contact hours have been awarded to this activity by the Wisconsin Nursing Association. To receive contact hours, participants must attend the entire activity.