Treating Acute Pain in Patients on Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction
This course will give the participant the recognition and understanding to confidently prescribe a wide variety of nonnarcotic treatments. This course covers how to use divided doses of buprenorphine to meet the analgesic needs of their patients and how to use IV opioids with extremely careful monitoring to overcome blocking effects of MAT medications.
ED, inpatient physicians, surgeons, and primary care
- Utilize a wide variety of nonpharmacologic, pharmacologic, and interventional treatments to address these patients’ pain.
- Calculate and use divided dose buprenorphine, possibly at higher doses, for pain
- Safely titrate opioids to overcome the blocking effect of MAT medications, if necessary.
Michael McNett, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
Cate Best, MD; Advocate Aurora Health
The following faculty speakers and/or planning committee members have disclosed the following:
|Faculty Name||Name of Commercial Interest||Nature of Relationship|
|Michael McNett, MD||Lilly/Pfizer||Advisory Board|
The other planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose. Conflict of interest have been identified and mitigated prior to the activity.
Advocate Aurora Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Advocate Aurora Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 1.00 Approved AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is available to Advocate Aurora Health providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Advocate Aurora Health Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, contact Advocate Aurora Health CME Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this course open in Google Chrome.