Under Pressors: A Shocking Review of Shock States and Vasopressors
Review of current guidelines/literature surrounding management of patients in the different states of shock, and review literature on the vasopressor agents used in these disease states.
This course is intended for pharmacists
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to
- Outline pathophysiology and clinical findings of the different shock states
- Review current guideline recommendations for vasopressors' place in therapy
- Interpret recent literature updates on the management of shock
- Compare and contrast the vasopressor agents used in shock
Andy McInerney, Pharm.D. - PGY2
Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Resident at Advocate Christ Medical Center & Advocate Children's Hospital
The planner(s) and speaker(s) have indicated that there are no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, Advocate Aurora Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Advocate Aurora Health designates this live activity for a maximum 1.00 hours of CPE credit for pharmacists. CPE credit can be claimed on the AAH CE platform within 60 days of activity completion and information will be provided to CPE Monitor. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)Aurora Health Care Department of Pharmacy Services is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Click “Take Course” to register for this program.
This conference is being held virtually. A link to the meeting will be provided prior to the event.
Contact the AAH Pharmacy Continuing Education team at AAH-PharmacyCPEsubmission@aah.org if you have any questions or need assistance.